Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Love What I Do

"I make cakes for people, but I don't even like how they taste. So often I want to throw in the towel, call it quits, and find a new profession."

How would you respond if you just paid that baker to do your wedding cake? You may feel as if the expensive cake you just bought won't even taste good. Would you rather buy a cake that tastes good? I sure would.

Some people in my photography class said almost the exact phrase as the baker: they don't even like the photographs they make and about every three months they want to throw in the towel and call it quits.

I was shocked. I have never felt this way about photography. I couldn't understand how some of my classmates could feel this way.

I want to tell you a little secret about Yours Truly.

I love everything I do and make.

Seriously. Every new session becomes my new favorite session, I love them all. (Like children, you don't love the newest more than the oldest, they are equally your favorites and you get better at raising them as time goes by.)

That's what fuels me, that's why I keep doing photography. Photography is the best way for me to capture love, relationships, and connections, and I love the resulting images. I do photography because I speak best with that medium. (If it weren't photography I would be doing civil engineering, which deals a lot with relationships and connections, but not love).

To prove that I love what I produce, here are my favorite images from every session from the past six months.

Enjoy :)



















As my friend @KrisWarwick shared:


No comments: