Wednesday, March 27, 2013

UVU Photography

For the past three years I've had the privilege of being enrolled in Utah Valley University's Art and Visual Communications program, Photography emphasis. Here are a couple images of what we do to learn.



The program is all hands-on, so you learn very effectively and in the best way for you. It's like gymnastics: you can watch as many gymnastics meets as you'd like, but you won't be able to do a round-off backhand-spring double-back unless you take gymnastics lessons and experience what your body can do.

I graduated with my photography degree last semester (fall 2012) and I was actually sad to be done with school. (Note: there is a difference between being done with school and being done learning. I hope to NEVER be done learning.)

Not only was the education from UVU so great, but also working with great professors and fellow students has been a wonderful experience. To give you an idea of the great people I work with, here are some links to my UVU friends' works.

Clark Goldsberry
Travis Lovell
Rick Suchoski
Justin Hackworth
John Rees

No comments: