Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Photo-A-Day

During January I participated in the "Photo A Day" challenge; it's a challenge to get people taking a picture at least once a day to document your life. Each month there are new challenges or themes. Pictures can be done on Instagram (iPhones), Twitter, Facebook, your phone, or even a little point-n-shoot camera uploaded to your computer.

The images I do aren't anything fabulous, being that they are taken with an iPhone and often have an Instagram filter applied (my faves are amaro, rise, hudson, brannan, walden, valencia, and nashville). However, I'm going to take February's challenges a little more seriously and I'd like you to join me.


How do you interpret what you see? If you sit, kneel, or lie down, how drastically does it change? If you take a step to the left or right, how does it alter the perspective? If you spin in circles, how does the world look?

Don't make an attempt to be so literal with the challenges. The challenge for January 31 was "you, again" and I posted a picture of my car because it has become a part of me over the four years we've been together. For instance on day 7 "button," will you take a picture of the button on your coat, someone else's coat, a button you push to plug the drain of your tub, or someone whose buttons you push on a regular basis?

Make a special attempt to knock each challenge out of the park, every day.

How you interpret the world is the biggest difference between taking pictures and making images.

So here is my challenge to you. Get out there. Make images. Interpret the world. And, as Becky Earl says, "Live better. Love more. Create now."


(if you post your pictures to social media sites or online, include "#febphotoaday" in the caption)
Follow my Photo-A-Day: @ShayleePhoto on Twitter and Instagram

No comments: